Fisher Friday Flyer – June 3rd, 2016
Reduce and Reuse? Remove and Replace? Read and Review? Rock and Roll? Ready and Rearing? Rest and Relaxation? Whew! Talk about ambiguous. What’s you poison? Maybe it’s all of them. Come to think of it, a mix of all of them is probably on order. But it is summer and so rest and relaxation is on the order. Are you getting your rest and relaxation? I don’t mean by taking vacation, anyone can take a vacation. In fact, many people take vacations only to not put down their phones or get away from emails. Are you taking some R&R day to day and week to week? Time to sit and decompress? We’ve all been given a directive to take one day in seven and rest – there’s a supernatural wisdom in that! Make sure that in the hubbub that there is true decompression time – to sit, think, and “get away” for a while. You’ll get some R&R in order to get some other R&R.
FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE
If you’re suffering from a work-life balance, here’s a list for you. A way to get life back to “normal” whatever that might be:
1. Nickel and Dime. By the end of the week, create a budget based on your priorities. Look at your bank statements and determine whether your spending habits reflect those priorities.
2. Family First Today- call your family and schedule a summer barbecue. Make a plan to gather loved ones to serve as a reminder of the important things in life.
3. Time Out This week, log every time you were distracted. At the end of day seven, add up the wasted hours and make a plan to cut that number in half next week.
4. Rest Assured This weekend, find an activity that promotes mindfulness and rest. Commit to going once a month and note your newfound peace of mind.
5. Draw Your Line This evening, sit down and devise a work-life balance plan. Choose the moments that can’t be missed and set reminders in your phone.
6. Let It Sizzle Try a new recipe tonight. Invite a friend or loved one. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and laugh off the mistakes.
7. Say Cheese Make a point to smile 30 times today. Watch it spread across your workplace and note your increased happiness throughout the day.
8. Jam Out Tonight, make a playlist of your favorite confidence-boosting songs. Listen during your commute and watch the traffic jams fade away.
9. Insta-Inspiration Find three new thought leaders in your field. Check out their social media pages and get a boost of inspiration.
10. Friend Zone Have lunch with a co-worker you don’t know very well. Get to know more than his or her name. Commit to doing this once a month.
Last week sported an article that 1 in 5 home buyers are backing out of their real estate deals. Arguably, many of these are due to buyer’s remorse. Aside from the absolutely lovely picture of the dog, this article gives insight from the other side of the coin. Buyers are getting into “must-win” situations and getting lost in what they want in mean-time, they are unsure about their choice because they haven’t paid enough attention on the initial walk-through, taken a second walk through, or thoughtfully considered the house. Now some might say “what does this have to do with me?”, but the truth is, we’re all home buyers, we might not be owner occupants, but in a market with this much demand, do you find yourself slipping in any of these areas buying your investment properties?
MORTGAGE RATE UPDATE
The latest Mortgage Rates: 30 Year fixed at 3.46% and 5/1 ARMS at 2.81%. Expect investor (non-owner occ) rates to run about ½ point higher on non-owner occ loans. (These are AOL/Zillow.com reported average rates as of Thursday
REAL ESTATE WEATHER REPORT
And it goes on and on and on and on… the Denver Post says that Denver home prices went up by 10%, giving us third best in the country – last week the article was 15% in some areas of Denver. As you can see from the numbers below this trend will continue unless something like instability from an election occurs or rates change or who knows. Point is lots of solds, fewer new listings = higher prices.
New Listing – 1432 (1473 Last week)
Under Contract – 1551 (1869 last week)
Sold – 1815 (1449 last week)
Our Invest Success Mentorship Program is ongoing and we are signing up more students. Tell your friends. We offer LOCAL webinars, house tours, and small, personalized classes as well as hands-on on-site experience. You will learn where and how to look for deals! Oh, and our flagship program requires you to REHAB A HOUSE! You’ll have our ear for a year! Amp up your business with custom systems and procedures. Go to our website for more information. Better yet, call us. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Call us with tips, rumors, conjectures, deals, and cold cases (we’re thirsty!). If you’re not on our list and want to be, LET US KNOW. Write, Text, Tweet, Facebook (the verb), E-mail, drop by. Next Breakfast Club is next Saturday, June 11th at Poppies. We start at 7:00am. We’ll see you there!
INVENTORY: Inventory flows: CHECK ‘EM OUT!!! More coming soon!!! NOTE: if you don’t reach us with a phone call (303 338-8000), text us at 720-345-8361.
3147 West Walsh Place, Denver, CO 80219 2 beds, 1 bath. Yours for only $195K!
1128 Cambridge Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 3 beds, 2 baths. 1 car attached garage. Buy for $125K!
4009 West 29th Avenue, Denver, CO 80212 2 beds, 1 bath. Yours for only $425K!
1217 South Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80210 3 beds, 2 baths. Buy for only $335K!
3384 West 29th Avenue, Denver, CO 80211 2 beds, 1 bath. 1 car detached garage. Yours for $420K!
4630 Milwaukee Street, Denver, CO 80216 2 beds, 1 bath. Buy for only $230K!
2520 South Holly Street, Denver, CO 80222 4 beds, 3 baths. 2-car garage. Price Reduced! Now only $440K!
9981 Bluegrass Street, Firestone, CO 80504 3 beds, 2 baths. 3 car attached garage. Buy for $375K!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Now this relaxation of the mind from work consists on playful words or deeds. Therefore it becomes a wise and virtuous man to have recourse to such things at times.” – Thomas Acquinas