Fisher Friday Flyer – April 1st, 2016
Happy April Fool’s Day! Joke’s on you, you’re reading this blog… HA! A little sense of humor goes a long way in life, doesn’t it? It can make light of a bad situation, can improve gray day, and can probably even help you live longer. After all, laughter is the best medicine, right? The truth is, the ability to laugh (or at least take or tell a good joke) improves the quality of life – life is fuller with a good laugh. There’s something emotionally and physically healing to laughter. When was the last time you laughed until you hurt? Or told a stupid joke? Or played a (genuinely) funny prank on someone? Or watched a funny movie? Or laughed at YOURSELF? The truth is life’s too short to spend it frowning or finding the gloom. Focus on the humor and deal with the other stuff. And remember to laugh when someone pranks you today. So have a little fun!
FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE
Are you in the business to grow and be successful? Or at least some definition of successful? Being aware of these five basic pitfalls of being an entrepreneur can help to keep things in perspective and make sure you stay focused on your goals. Happy learning, seeking, and growing!
- Expecting success right away
- Trying to do everything yourself
- Ignoring your true passion and just going for the money
- Not being adaptable
- Ignoring social media
In the spirit of the day and as a follow-up to last week’s serious article on cleaning, we have 10 Life-Changing Tips to Make Your Home So Much Cleaner. The ladies might find this one a little more funny as it’s geared toward you.
- Divide everything into three piles: things to keep, things tothrow away and things to donate. Then, pour gasoline over all three piles and light them on fire.
- Instead of hiring a cleaning company, hire someone to rob your home.
- Move out in the middle of the night, taking nothing but your whiskey and children. Start over in a new town.
- Throw away everything that doesn’t bring you joy. This includes yourteenagers, husband and all pants with zippers.
- Pile all your belongings on a boat and give it a Viking funeral by lighting it on fire and sending it out to sea.
- Don’t clean. Let it get so bad that your family signs you up fora reality show where a professional comes in and cleans. Kick back and enjoy the money.
- The mess isn’t the problem. It’s the fact that you can see it. Have your eyes surgically removed and never see again.
- If you cannot afford the eye-removal surgery, just ingest enough booze that you cannot see. Stay this way forever.
- You know that house in the movie “Up”? Well, I don’t know if it would work, but buying four million helium balloons sounds easier than organizing the playroom right now.
- Clean nothing. Those piles are your feminist protest. Tell your family that the mounds of laundry, land mines of Legos and marker scribbles on the walls are an art installation. When they roll their eyes, you sob and scream, “MY ART IS MY LIFE!”
This one is not a joke. One of these is not like the other: Cheesman Park, Wash Park West, and Barnum Park. But they are all “Parks” you might say. That’s right, according to Denver Business Journal, these are the three hottest neighborhoods in 2016. Talk about your contrasts. It’s good to know one of the more affordably priced neighborhoods is “hot” though… Ahh, subjectivity or maybe it’s objectivity in this case.
MORTGAGE RATE UPDATE
The latest Mortgage Rates: 30 Year fixed at 3.46% and 5/1 ARMS at 2.67%. Expect investor (non-owner occ) rates to run about ½ point higher on non-owner occ loans. (These are AOL/Zillow.com reported average rates as of Thursday)
REAL ESTATE WEATHER REPORT
Spring is the new winter. Why not? Houses and snow are just about the same in Denver though, right? As soon as it hits the ground (market) it’s gone. Deals are flying off the shelf. Anything good and you better have your pocketbook with you. Know what you want and be ready to say “I’ll take it.” Otherwise, be prepared to sit and watch.
Our Invest Success Mentorship Program is ongoing and we are signing up more students. Tell your friends. We offer LOCAL webinars, house tours, and small, personalized classes as well as hands-on on-site experience. You will learn where and how to look for deals! Oh, and our flagship program requires you to REHAB A HOUSE! You’ll have our ear for a year! Amp up your business with custom systems and procedures. Go to our website for more information. Better yet, call us. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Call us with tips, rumors, conjectures, deals, and cold cases (we’re thirsty!). If you’re not on our list and want to be, LET US KNOW. Write, Text, Tweet, Facebook (the verb), E-mail, drop by. Next Breakfast Club is next Saturday, April 9th at Poppies. We start at 7:00am. We’ll see you there!
Are you ready for the Real Estate Investor Success Summit? Put on by Pine Financial and Your Castle, it’s a good day of solid content. This year’s Summit is on May 7. Details and registration are HERE.
INVENTORY: Inventory flows: CHECK ‘EM OUT!!! More coming soon!!! NOTE: if you don’t reach us with a phone call (303 338-8000), text us at 720-345-8361.
1502 Juniper Street, Longmont, CO 80501 3 beds, 1 bath. 2 car attached garage. Yours for 300K!
3860 North Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80205 3 beds, 2 baths. 1 car attached garage. Buy for 281K!
310 South Lewis Street, Lakewood, CO 80226 4 beds, 2 baths. 1 car attached garage. Yours for only 267K!
1375 Quebec Street, Denver, CO 80220 2 beds, 1 bath. 1 car attached garage. Buy for $272K!
319 Park Lane, Colorado Springs, CO 80905 2 beds, 1 bath. Yours for only 90K!
9981 Bluegrass Street, Firestone, CO 80504 3 beds, 2 baths. 3 car attached garage. Buy for $375K!
306 Marion Avenue, Platteville, CO 80651 3 beds, 1 bath. 3 car detached garage. Yours for only 148.5K!
76 South Knox Court, Denver, CO 80219 3 beds, 2 baths. 2 car detached garage. Buy for $205K!
1301 Mariposa Drive, Denver, CO 80221 3 beds, 2 baths. 2 car carport. PRICE REDUCED to $220.5K!
Until next time,
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing-that’s why we recommend it daily..” –Zig Ziglar